The Salty Goat Top 5 Cafes and Restaurants
We will gladly admit that we love going out to eat. So it’s no surprise that we definitely have a few of our favourites here on the GC.
1. Bumbles - Totally love, love, love this place. We can’t even count the amount of times we have been here. It’s a converted old beach house at Budds Beach filled with an eclectic mix of vintage and modern decor. And we haven’t even talked about the food yet! We love the breakfast the most, it’s simple, fresh and totally delicious. The coffee is always good and the atmosphere is always welcoming. Make sure you always book on the weekend because it’s always packed. Highly recommend going!
2. Commune - This is only a recent discovery along the Gold Coast highway in Burleigh. Its got an awesome collection of vintage furniture, in the outdoor area. With relaxed atmosphere and delicious simple sandwiches and cakes. Perfect for a lazy lunch in the sun. Love the meat free Mondays too.
3. Black Coffee Lyrics – This place is awesome. We love that you have to look really hard to find it. It’s situated in the middle of Surfers Paradise tucked away behind the Asian restaurants. It’s a breath of fresh air from the commercial Gold Coast. Friendly staff, great coffee.
4. Merlo at Ferry Road Markets – This place is almost a daily ritual for us. The coffee is always Ah-mazing. These guys bust out some serious coffee in the morning. It’s popular with so many people, including us! From 6:30am there are people waiting outside for their daily caffeine fix and the line just never seems to go away!
5. Elk – So cute. This place is also new for us. It’s in Broadbeach, and it looks like it used to be a garage. Awesome furniture, really cool staff and the cakes look amazing!
1. Rocksalt in Broadbeach - You can find Rocksalt on a side street just off of the main strip. This is a very trendy spot and they are serving up some delicious Modern Australian Cuisine here. Fresh natural oysters with asian style vinaigrette, tender Roast Pork with all the trimmings and lavender infused Panna Cotta are just a few of the luxuries we could name. The waitstaff are attentive and extremely knowledgable of their menu and its background. Booking are essential if you want to eat here in the weekend!
2. Hellenika at Nobbys Beach - Sitting on the highway it’s probably somewhere you have easily driven past many times if you live here on the coast. Dimly lit and buzzing with people, I don’t think this place is ever not full! You won’t find any pictures of greek gods or mediterranean maps on the wall of this extremely trendy and upmarket eatery! The food is remarkable, there are all your usual Greek favourites and everything is done so well. If you are lucky enough to try their Arni Sto Fourno (Baked Lamb) you can die happy! It is so tender you could pull it apart with the back of a spoon.
3. Bumbles at Budds Beach – So it is technically a cafe, but they do dinner at Bumbles every thursday night and its a no-fail for us. The menu changes seasonally and is set with a few options for each course. The usual breakfast destination is transformed into a beautiful candle lit and intimate restaurant right across the road from the water. They are unlicensed but have BYO with no corkage fee.
4 and 5 to come
We are also looking for recommendations, so if there is any place you love going, let us know!